Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why do We have To work??



Well, the past few weeks I have been seriously irritated with my "dream" job. As most of you know I thought I would love to have my own flower shop some day. Well, after I quit teaching (definitely not my dream job) I found a little shop to take a chance on me. I didn't have a lot of experience, but I was eager to learn. As some unfortunate events unfolded over the last 3 months I ended up spending A LOT of time in the delivery truck, which was not fun at all. Today, I decided I could not handle it anymore. I thought I was working in a flower shop to learn how to design, not to drive around in once of the worst vehicles imaginable. I think our van was a 1949 Chevy Astro, it was old, ugly, and hot, but it did have a radio :) So, after I did 30 something deliveries yesterday and then got reprimanded because I took too long I decided this was not the job for me. I kept holding out for them to hire a delivery driver, and they did, but she didn't even last one full day. So the responsibility fell mainly on me. I might have been fine with this if we had a delivery driver schedule so everyone in the shop had to deliver, but that never happened. So, about 20 minutes ago I sent an email quitting my job. I know it's tacky to do it via email, but I am a wuss, what can I say. So if you know of any job openings let me know.

No comments: