Friday, September 12, 2008

HuRrIcAnE iKe

Well we are about to ride out our first true HURRICANE!!! Hurricane Ike is close to the Galveston coast. The storm is expected to be a strong category 2 or a cat 3. We are a little excited and we have made some preparations. We have water in the tubs (in case we have to flush the toilets), battery operated lantern and radio, we have food snacks and stuff to cook. We have ice and we made some large ice cubes. Winds are expected to be around 90 mph here and we are about 50 miles away from the coast. If we loose electricity then we will head up to Dallas and stay with my family. The storm should be in this area about 11pm so hopefully we can get some cool videos. I am posting our prestorm video and will update it as soon as I get a chance. Take care, we love you all. Oh yeah we have a curfew starting at 8pm until 8am Saturday morning. It's like high school all over again.

2 comments:

Randee Mayes said...

I'm so worried about you!!! I'm watching the news and seeing all the devastation. You better post a blog or comment on my page as soon as you get power again, I'm guessing you're one of the 3 million without it.

Unknown said...

scary scary scary... i don't know what i'd do!! but good to know that you're prepared!! i'm still not sure why you have water in the tub though??