Monday, March 22, 2010

Garden 2010

Well, it's that time again for our annual garden. I love getting my garden ready, I love even more watching my plants grow, and then eventually producing vegetables. I have a slight problem when it comes to eating them though. I love veggies, but when they come from my garden I feel really bad eating them. I don't know why. This year I have a goal to eat everything my garden produces. I only grow stuff I like, so this shouldn't be a problem.
This year Al made me a larger garden box and we decided to let it go into the ground. Our old garden box had a ground cover so things couldn't take root in the ground. I planted 2 tomato plants, one bell pepper plant, 2 onions left over from last year. I am also going to try growing things from seeds this year, so I planted corn, green beans, peas, and carrots.
Hunter has taken it upon himself to "water" the garden for me and Curly has decided to "help with the weeding." Now, I have to stand out by the garden whenever they are outside so they can learn to leave the garden alone since it is no longer growing just weeds. Wish me luck. I'll post pics later.

2 comments:

James and Kista said...

Sounds like great fun! As soon as we figure out how to keep the deer and rabbits from eating our stuff, we want to plant veggies too!

Ashlee said...

If you are having trouble eating your veggies I can definitely help you out!! I wish I could grow them but there is just too much shade in my yard.