Saturday, January 31, 2009

The First 5K of 2009


Well staying true to my getting in shape goal, I ran the first 5k of the year. I don't mind 5k's because they are only 3.2 miles. I hope to be up to a 10k (7 miles) by April. Today I didn't run the whole time. I had been trying to run every morning and then I had a few medical issues which put running on hold for 2 weeks. So Al and I jogged a few times this week to try and get ready. I figured since this is the first race I could be slow so I can improve on my time and then maybe feel good about running. I still don't really find it enjoyable, but each morning I try to jog just a little further then the day before and when I do it I feel pretty proud. So my time today was 45 minutes, which is pretty slow, but I'll improve on it. Since January 1st I have lost 8lbs. I know it's not too much, but it is a start. I think we may run a 5k next weekend, but we haven't decided for sure yet. I'll keep working at it though.

No comments: