Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby





















Well, my wonderful husband turned 30 this past week. Every year we say we will downsize on birthdays, but this year I had to go all out since he was turning the big 3-0! So I decided that he needed to have a surprise party. I started to plan this party in May. Keeping my mouth shut for months was so hard, so I told anyone who would listen to me about the party. I decided to call my mother-in-law and invite her and Al's sisters out for the party. They had never been to Houston before and I was so excited when they told me they were coming.
Al's birthday was on Tuesday and we went to Outback because that is his favorite restaurant. We had a few friends come with us. Then we went home and unwrapped presents. I sent Al on a little scavenger hunt to find his "big" present. He is really in need of new shoes so I got him a gift card for new shoes. It was funny because you could tell he was disappointed, since I had built up his birthday. I wanted so badly to tell him that it would be better this weekend.
Well Friday came and I had so much running around to do. I had to pick up the rental equipment (I didn't have enough matching plates for 15), pick up the most delicious cupcakes, wait for the house cleaner who was 2 hours late and nearly gave me a heart attack waiting for her. Pick up the family from the airport, take them to lunch, and then set up the party. Luckily, I had Marianne who was able to go across town and pick up the floral arrangements. I called Al's boss the week before and asked her to keep him at work until 7:30pm. All his work friends were in on it. I called Al at 5pm and pretended to be on my way home from work, he wasn't feeling well and he really wanted to come home. His boss ran out of work for him, so he got stuck in the warehouse, I felt really bad for him. He called me at 7:30pm on his way home and he was in a horrible mood. I was so excited I couldn't stand it. Well right before he got home we sent his family upstairs and everyone gathered in the dining room to shout SURPRISE when he got home. He was shocked, I showed him around the party, introduced him to the chef who made us an AMAZING dinner, and then sent him upstairs where his family surprised him. It was a great birthday for a great husband. Here's to 30 or more birthdays. I love you Baby!

1 comment:

Randee Mayes said...

Happy Birthday Al!!! So its good to hear that you haven't drop off the planet! You did a great job with the party, I bet he loved it!!!